Saturday, December 22, 2012

The day of the Great Redemption!


I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT.

The world came to an end yesterday so I'm not doing much.  I am just standing in line waiting like everyone else.  

Oh...wait a minute.  I thought I was in line for the "Great Redemption" but it is the Walmart customer service line.  This is what Dante referred to as " The first circle  of hell" , I'm guessing.

I am destined to carry around these empty bottles and cans for eternity.   The line seems pretty long and the clerk used to work for the DMV.
 I thought the end of the world would be a more metaphysical and religious experience.  It seems to be more commercial than I had expected.  
I will grab my bible, drop it face down on the pavement and see what page it lands on.

"Wow!"

Leviticus 25:25
"If your brother becomes poor and sells part of his property, then his nearest redeemer shall come and redeem what his brother has sold."

Leviticus and my brother teaming up again, lusting after my cans!
How did they get involved in this transaction? 
Could this be the the second circle of Hell?
I know my brother has a lot of diet Pepsi cans he wants to redeem.

Hmmm! Recycling is Hell. (Perhaps the third circle of Hell).

What if Dante had it basically right?  
Every time I go to Walmart I feel like I am in Limbo.

Perhaps I am overthinking this.
"Nahhhh!"

No comments:

Post a Comment