I am a man of mystery. This has been my persona for many years. The problem with this philosophy is that nobody knows anything about me. So when I die, my obituary will be contained in nine words. Look what happened to the writer Trevanian. Many people knew Trevanian died, but very few knew about Rodney Whitaker. Do I want that to be my legacy? I decided I didn't want to go like Rod.
Some of my favorite characters were created by Trevanian; two of my favorite books were, "Eiger Sanction" and "Shibumi"; the characters have great names such as Nickalai Hel.
So I will use the meme or final answer format. short question! short answer.
- Pepsi or Coke: can't have either (triglycerides)
- Potato Salad or Macaroni Salad: umm! neither (too much sodium)
- Baseball or Football: My shoulder is messed up for either one. (Rotator cuff!)
- Read book or wait for movie: once again neither. (glaucoma and cataracts)
- Coffee or Tea: They both make me hyper.
- Swim: lessons or self taught?: Self taught. once I got out of the bag it was easy.
- Beach or Pool: Neither, chlorine makes me itch. salt dries out my skin.
- Weights or cardio machine: neither, bad hips, bad shoulder, recovering from hernia's (plural).
- Wife: keeps track of my medicine.
- husband: stud muffin.(me!) hmmm...that's Wife agreeing with Husband)
- Cat: allergies
- Dog: fleas itching.
- Vomit: frequently
- Driving: my road rage.
- Health: very healthy, a couple dings.
- Favorite drink: pepto bismal
- Favorite color: Pepto pink or Hershey squirt brown. (not at the same time)
- Hot dog or hamburger: What a choice, cholesterol or cholesterol.
- Favorite pastime: Reading Obituaries. check the age of people who died, add it up and take on average. If the average is lower than my current age I stay in bed the whole day.
But that is another story.
Leave your legacy now! Not like these hippies below. These two probably ended up on skid row or incarcerated on a marijuana charge. Nothing good ever came of them, you can be sure.
Will you be remembered in 100 years? Not these hippies below.
A lot can happen in 100 years.
- The average life expectancy was 47 years old.
- The speed limit was 10 mph in most places.
- There was 144 miles of paved roads in 1907.
- Coffee was 15 cents per pound. No Starbuck's
- Leading cause of death were pneumonia and flu.
- Diarrhea was the third on the list.
- Our country had only 45 states.
- The population of Las Vegas was 30.
- More people lived in Iowa than in California.
- Only about 6% of American graduated from HS.
- Marijuana, heroin, and morphine were available over the counter in drug stores.
- There were 230 reported murders in the U.S. in the year 1907. Now it takes about 5 days to reach the same number.